7 Things to Consider When Choosing an Activity Provider
When you are looking for an outdoor adventure, wish to learn navigation or expedition skills and need expert support, here are a few things you may wish to consider before choosing an activity provider:
1. Have the company been in business long? What do their customers say about them? How experienced are they?
2. Find out as much as you can about the people that you will be directly involved with.
3. Do you have confidence in their ability to manage the risks? Do they have risk assessments in place? Don't be afraid to ask to see them.
4. Are they flexible in what they offer and are the customer’s interests paramount?
5. Will you get value for money? Are they open about costing and what’s included? Cheapest isn't always best.
6. Is their insurance adequate and where do you stand on personal cover? Do they actually have any insurance cover?
7. What qualifications do they have? Are they qualified to provide the activities they are advertising? Are they members of any professional organisations such as the BMC, MTA or AMI?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. Having spent some time discussing your requirements, are you confident that they will deliver a SAFE, REWARDING and ENJOYABLE experience? If not, look elsewhere.